Saturday

It was a GOOD Friday!

I really think that if you really want to have a reflective Holy Week, it is best to stay in the Metro. Promise.

Yesterday was Good Friday.

I got friends way back from High School that has this penchant for doing a Visita Iglesia. So, when the annual invite arrived, I said, "Yes!" (The invite also helped to brighten the mood for the past days were really serious for me.)

I am blessed to have this privilege of spending time with high school buddies. It was over 21 years ago when I met most of them. Yes. I am that old. God willingly, I will be 34 this 25th of September.

As we journeyed through our 14 selected churches in a AUV driven by Gary and then by Normand, Jojit described the whole experience as something akin to an episode of an Amazing Race. And I guess with that you will have this idea that this Visita Iglesia is different and right in a lot of levels.

As we enter each of the churches, we reflect and said our prayers led by Gary's wife Cecil. I felt something particular, a peace, as we enter a church ran by the Pink Sisters in New Manila. I went down on my knees and communed with God Almighty as I did that morning.

After the 3rd church, someone suggested lunch so we had one. By past twelve, we were off again. Jojit was taking his pictures for documentation. And as we reached Sto. Domingo, we fetched our birhday boy Edward that enlightened us about the story behind the two intertwined churches in Legarda. We finished our 13th and 14th station in historic Intramuros where Caucasian tourists abound.

After that we went to Alvin's place on Quezon City and drove to Jojit's pad where we renewed and strengthen the bond that started more than two decades ago.

The conversation was fluid. From health, to getting old, to the environment, to business, to movies, to God, to marriage, and to whatever...

It was a Good Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I missed the fun - I could not say no to Singapore.

    =)

    ReplyDelete