Tuesday

64.56 ver 2.0

Why so "high" a standard?

First, this is a perception.

Second, it is not a "high" standard because this is the the generation that will have to solve problems such as global warming... such as, how do proceed when rice prices increases because our lands will be used to produce corn which is an additive for ethanol?... such as, how do we handle a reality where the prices of oil is over $110/barrel?

If our minds are not used to "thinking", then we will always be slaves to those who talks the loudest. We will always be victims.

I firmly believe that we are all intelligent. It is the ability to think that I usually question. But this is not a put down. Because "to think" is a verb. It's an act. It's a decision like a decision to stand up and walk. It's like a decision to see someone... to woo someone... to love someone.

I've known people who have average intelligence but are relentless thinkers. And these people will "defeat" highly intelligent people who are lazy thinkers.

Here's the thing, I know for certain that all of you study. That all of you listen. That all of you read. That all of you put an effort. I know that for certain.

But I am only hoping when it comes to the thinking part.

1 comment:

  1. Hi sir:)
    Thank you for making us realize that we can do more, and that we have the ability to think better than we thought we could. At first I was a bit cynical, I thought that you were "kind of" manipulating us with your words, because it's as if you could make everyone in class believe every word you say, like someone who is good at brainwashing(HAHA sorry sir) but I realized that you only have the best intentions for us. I see firsthand how your actions encourage most of us, if not all, in class to do better. That someone we thought was insignificant(OURSELVES) could make a difference and be of contribution to society.
    It amazes me how a presence, like yours, could draw an audience unlike other professors.(Let's not name names.haha)
    Sir, I hope to see you in our next subjects.=D
    THANK YOU! God bless!

    ReplyDelete