Saturday

scribbles to africa 7

2223 hours

At over 32,000 feet, a realization came.

I am seated between Filipinos. Extended common courtesy and was hoping for a conversation to ensue. That never happened = )

Why is that?

The feeling I get from this, though I may be wrong, is that we have this default setting to not trust our fellow countrymen. I do not know. Maybe we are simply abused and mistreated by the powers that be, crooked politicians and greedy bureaucrats, that we only trust them, Filipinos, if they are family or if we have shared a common situation with them, like school.

Or maybe the conversation never ensued because I am seated between two OFWs who just left there family and they are in the process of putting their respective game face on as they prepare to start their time away from home so that they can send dollars.

I can only wonder...

We are over Adaman Sea as the in flight info service says = )

"... why think like mere men?"

No comments:

Post a Comment