Thursday

oyibo

I am oyibo. A white man.

That is a fact. Though it is not a fact in the Philippines, it is very unnerving when people around you treats you like one. In the land called the cradle of civilization.

My skies are of a different palate now. Opens up something I have never imagined!

This Middle Eastern and African journey is something else. And I say something else in a way I've never meant it before. Paradigm shift does not quite catch it. Metanoia? Not even.

This journey have taken me to a different place. A different plane. I see things differently. My view has expanded in ways I've never imagine it before. I am more aware of existence. Of beauty. Of heart. Of passion. Of will.

Oh, Lord! Why do this to an insignificant and inconsistent me? This is an undeserved gift, oh Lord?!?

Thank you, Lord!

To God be all the glory!

You are really something else. You have been faithful to someone who can not be consistently faithful. You are really a wonderful and magnificent surprise.

And this I tell from the heart of my heart, together with the knowledge that most of our politicians are corrupt and rotten to the bone, the Philippines have been good to me. She taught me a lot things. I long to bless you, my very dear Philippines, my Motherland.

Lord, You are something else.

You have shown me now why everything in my life happened that way. You have made me realize why I was born to my loving mother and caring father. Why I should be born in the place where I was born. Why should I have that childhood. Why I should have that struggle. That passion. You really have a plan for my life, Lord. And it is a wonderful and magnificent plan. Forgive me for doubting. For questioning.

Thank you, Lord. The Lord of wonderful and magnificent surprises = )

Though I have change, one thing remain - I am Hon. And I long for my Beb. Alaishu. Amishu.

Thank you for lifting this experience in prayers, Beb. I am proud of you. Of us.

And thank you for everyone who has lifted this journey in prayers.

Continually pray for strength, wisdom, excellent health and traveling mercies.

"... why think like mere men?"

1 comment:

  1. Hon, I am most proud of you. I am also thankful that I was/am with you at the time when you were defeated and triumphant. ;)

    Ad Majorem dei Gloriam (Haha, Atenista ako eh).

    I cannot wait to see you.

    Alaishu. Amishu.

    ReplyDelete