Tuesday

scribbles to africa 12

0702 hrs
local time

This flight has a familiarity into it. Now I know what to expect riding and using the amenities of a Boeing 777. If my flight from Manila to Dubai is filled with OFWs, our modern heroes, this one is filled with our African brothers.

It is cloudy today. I have spent a good enough time inside the airport. I know it now. I have walked the whole length. Saw a lot of people from different races. The novelty has faded already.

Spent sometime in the familiar confines of McDonald's and Starbucks. Met some hardworking Filipinos, shouting "Kabayan!", making their living and sending money home.

Dubai is built on a dream and on money. On an idea of prosperity molded by the western mind. How will the locals transmit this idea to their next generation. What thoughts linger in their minds? In their schools?

No comments:

Post a Comment