Monday

romanian

It happened again.

This afternoon, a couple, a Romanian lady married to a Fil-Canadian gentleman, dropped by Imaj to have their file taken.

The whole staff got really curious when we found out that the Romanian lady, been staying in our country for 5 years, really loves the Philippines. In fact, she prefers to stay in the Philippines for the good eleven months of a year. When pressed for details, she quipped - "... the Filipinos, themselves."

"I still have to see a really down trodden Filipino. Yes, I have met really poor Filipinos already but I find it wonderful that they can genuinely smile in spite and despite of their circumstances. People are really nice here. I mean, what's not to love about your country? I got friends who have traveled around the world and tell me that if they can stay in one country forever, they will always choose the Philippines!"

I manage to smile when I heard that.

I was blessed.

Sometimes we need to hear these things from strangers, foreigners. I mean, what have you heard about the Philippines lately? Con-Ass? H1N1? Erap running for President? 94 million Filipinos? Poverty level? Literacy level?

We are indeed a race of beautiful people! Bow! = )

Maybe that's it. Maybe we really do not know that we are indeed a race of beautiful people that's why we treat each other really ugly...

"... why think like mere men?"

No comments:

Post a Comment