Tuesday

stared upon by angel eyes

I run.

It is something I enjoy doing thrice a week every morning. I would usually run a distance of 10 kilometers. Sometimes I time myself. Sometimes I don't. Sometimes I beat my best time. Sometimes, well, I just run = ) I run because the health experts suggest that for 30-somethings, like me, a cardio exercise is a must.

But this morning, my cardio-routine took a turn towards a life moment.

After running, I would usually walk to a street vendor and have my 10-peso bottled water as I cool down and "normalized" my heartbeat. Then after a few minutes, I'll board a jeep to go home.

This particular morning just as I uttered, "Mama, bayad ho," a mother cuddling her less than a year old baby boy boarded the jeep. Nothing quirky about that except, maybe, that they sat across me and the bundle of joy was staring at my sweaty self. He was looking because my hair was up.

This little bundle of joy just stared at me. The big round eyes seemed to get bigger as the moment passed by. At first, he had a questioning look. He looked at my hair then to my eyes then back to my hair again as if asking, "What happened here?" Funny. Because this "guy" was fearless, honest, pure.

As he looked, or should I say stared, I caught myself smiling. It's been awhile since I was stared at and felt amused about it. And as I smile, the little boy smiled back. The toothless-smile was enough to take away the voluntarily-induced weariness away.

I was smiling. The boy was smiling and then the mom said, "Mama, para po."

I was still smiling as they went down and walked away.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sir Elise!

    Sir, you don't need to tell me.. I know it for myself that things happen for a reason.. I always believe in that =) I just hope someday I would find what those reasons are. hehe Sir, I'm glad for this blog..you already knw why :) God bless!

    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir, just wanna thank you for this "blog thing", because of this I was able to express my thoughts as though it served as an outlet of what i feel at the moment.

    Talking about the comment, am i really that deep? I never realized that before.

    Thanks for the thrill that you've provided during those 11 weeks. I would really miss that 6:00 class and I just hope that I'll have more of it, no joke... =)

    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete