Saturday

my practical life essentials

I got married last 10 September 2010. And when my wife and I moved in to our BARE place, I quickly found out my version of "practical life essentials".

By design, we really wanted to start from scratch as scratch as moving in to a bare place with no appliances and furniture. "Why?", you might ask. Well, we were already 'writing' and thinking (and praying, too) about the stories to tell to the little ones :)

I am already imagining how there face and eyes will look as my wife and I narrates to them about the first home meal their Mommy and Daddy shared. And the process of how we manage to cook and eat the first dinner when we still do not have any appliances and furniture that afternoon we moved in to our boxy home :)

So for those who is reading this, is planning to get married this year and who does not agree with my idiosyncrasy of starting from scratch, here's my chronological list of 'must haves' appliances and furniture. A list that could save you money, will definitely keep the smooth talking salesman honest and not be overly driven by his goal of meeting his quota in your expense because you really know what to buy :)

Get a bed, four pillows, an electric fan (or an aircon), a dining table and the corresponding chairs (of course), a stove, a frying pan, a rice cooker, a radio and a fridge. That's it.

You will notice that TV nor living room furniture did not make the 'essential' cut. And "Why?", you may ask again. Well, it is not economic. It is simple. It was, for my part, a practical and a deliberate choice to spend as much time as possible to knowing my wife. Or to be in an environment where the only thing one can do is to talk and to have a conversation with one another. No TV and no living room amenities mean more time knowing my beautiful wife, up close and personal.

The TV came after a three months and the living room is shaping up.

Well, that's that :)

May we all have a meaningful 2011. God bless all of us. God bless the Philippines!

"... why think like mere men!"

No comments:

Post a Comment