Monday

the book of eli

This movie is one of the few movies that made me and Beb speechless as the credits rolled.

This is a beautiful movie. The Road + Kung Fu + 300. Very creative. Attitude ridden. Cool to the bone and to the marrow = )

It presented something very old in a way that's very effective. Or maybe it was all due to Denzel Washington's thespic skills = )

For those who "believe", this is a must see movie. I assure you this movie will affect you in ways you probably never imagined... in a lot of levels.

I never saw the trailer of this movie. We chose to watch it because Denzel never seem to make a bad movie. And personally, I was drawn to it because of the name Eli.

Eli in Hebrew means God.

Though I am not of Jewish decent nor do I know Aramaic, I am by the way 100% Filipino, the name Eli has affected me in ways I also never imagined. My name, Elisier, is of Aramaic origin and it apparently, after some researching, means "God is his answer!"

So, anything that has Eli on it or in it, I am immediately drawn to it.

As Denzel narrated towards the end, "... I have kept the faith. I fought a good fight" my eyes turned misty. A chord was struck.

Bottom line - watch this movie. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment