Friday

14/27

Must be because they've ask so many people and most of these people told them that it was a challenging learning situation. And they believed. And also assumed that they are like those who came before them.

They forgot that they are unqiue. That they are not accidents that happened. That there is a reason why they are alive.

Fourteen moves on. Thirteen will be at it again. Some for the fourth time. Some for the third time. And some, for the second time...

What goes inside their heads? What biases do they have? What lies have they embraced?

Will they point fingers? Again?

There are two things that have left a gnawing feeling deep inside of me. One lady said, "Intindihin nyo na lang, Sir..." To that I was silent. Why would that request be made? Why? Does the whole world exists to understand them? Does the whole world revolve around them? Must the whole world adjust because they are here? I mean, I still have to see a consistency of being responsible but that seem to be flashes and are far in between and those who came before have to adjust? I mean, we are not even talking about excellence here yet. I just do not get it.

The greatest and most painful line is, "Bata pa kasi sila, Sir..." And that should excuse them? I mean, does being young, if being a 20 year old is young, a justification to be irresponsible? Horde weak thinking?

The next painful thing is this - why do they see their professors during giving of grades and plead to make an exception on them? Have we really failed to teach our young what it means to have dignity?

Or is it simply a situation where they do not know what they truly want? I mean, in the absence of a dream/ vision; pettiness prolifirates.

Lord, I raise them up to you. And grant me the wisdom and patience not to be jaded. May I continually look for that one student that makes this call worthwhile. But even if I do not find that student, may I be reminded that You sit in my class and that I only give back the glory You have lent me...

"... why think like mere men?"

No comments:

Post a Comment