Monday

misty eyes

I am a movie buff and the last time my eyes got misty because of a movie was when I watched Ang Lee's "Joy Luck Club" over ten years ago. And now that experience have been repeated courtesy of "My Sister's Keeper".

My eyes got misty during a poignant scene when the Dad was looking at her cancer-stricken daughter as she went down the stairs to meet her date, who is waiting and who is also cancer-stricken, in their living room. It's the look that he gave to Kate, her daughter, that did me in = )

It is a look that melted all the cancer away. It seems that for the first time in a long time, he saw his daughter as his baby that's already a young woman and not as his daughter who has cancer. You see, Kate have been struggling with the situation since she was five and this night was prom night. The whole family have lived with cancer for over a decade by now. And that magical look, for me, melted all the cancer away...

For me, "My Sister's Keeper" is simply a family story because all families struggles with life and become beautiful by these struggles.

Lord, you are God yesterday. You are God today. You are God tomorrow. You are God for all eternity.

1 comment:

  1. sir i myself cried watching this movie, heartwarming movies like this makes you realized how essential life is, btw sir i really enjoy reading your blogs :)

    ReplyDelete