Wednesday

"ode" to U2

I've been a fan since high school. 40 and I Will Follow made me noticed. The rock attitude kick in when I heard Bono said, "There's been a lot of talk about this next song. Maybe way too much talk..." And I was hooked when I experimented in playing "With or without you", headphones on, around 2am. That painful prolonged howl. There are only a few things far more painfully beautiful = )

So, when I heard that they will be coming out with a new album, No line on the horizon, I was one of the first who pre-ordered, last month.

I'm a fan because there's no one better out there who writes songs that feels like you just got kicked in the crouch. And the pain not only makes you angry but also reminds you that you are alive!

And maybe this is only true to me, U2 is the best because the lyrics lingers. It lingers because there's always a moment in the song where everything is spot on. The sound, the words... the voice.

And the songs in No line on the horizon is no different.

No comments:

Post a Comment