Wednesday

So it begins...

The year 2013 was filled with milestones for me.

Becoming a Dad is right there on the top. This "new" role made me realize that we truly communicate without even speaking. Yanna, our 1-year old, does not even speak but she knows and understands. Funny. Heartwarming stuff. Everyday. Let's not get started :- )

Imaj, the boutique talent agency I help out in as their operation's think-tank, had to leap loops. Loops that were made by the hands of the taxman and the ever evolving and still very dynamic Advertising industry. Our liquidity almost turned into a drought. I had to dig deep and get creative on how to manage cash flows. A Van Horne text got me started on the taxman's challenge. While the concept and practice of Service Quality helped on the other.

I had to study a lot in 2013 because I had to facilitate a lot of learning on top of the Mapua load. The learning sessions varied in content, in context and in its students. Some, were held in board rooms. Some, in training rooms. Some, where to 20-somethings. Others, to employees a few months away to retirement. Some companies had to train or else they close shop. While others, had the luxury of the long view. The interactions and the back and forth in all of these are the real pearls.

Going to the gym became a habit because if I had not trained for a three straight days, I will feel that I need to go back to the gym.

I think the Omnipotent One stretched me in 2013.

Now that 2014 just begun, I wonder what this year holds. For one, I will be joining the "life begins at 40" club :- )

May we all have a meaningful and joy-filled 2014 :- )

"... why think like mere men?"

No comments:

Post a Comment