Friday

the end that also begins

The workshop has ended. The presentation prepared and delivered. The examination taken and passed. The certificates given and received. It is the end.

And a new day begins.

I sat in the conference rooms. I listened to the Japanese-English of a number of sensei. I wrote notes. I dictated in recorder. I took photos. I walked. I observed. I embraced. I allow myself to be immersed. Changed. Be better.

But most all, I rode. Buses and trains that always come on time. Every time.

If there's one clear take-way, a nugget of wisdom that's implemented in my heart. It is this - move. Do. And then, reflect. Then, do. Move. Reflect. Japan made sure that they move efficiently, precisely and on-time.

Japan is the only place where a pedestrian crossing is considered a tourist attraction. And that says a lot. They move. They keep on moving. Improving. Until perfection happens. But they know it will not happen. But still, they move. They improve.

Lord, thank You for letting me understand, "The faith that moves forward is rewarded!"

Coming here to temporarily live with the constantly moving and astonishing Japanese people, You prepared me. First, on faith. And now, for the past days - the importance of moving forward.

I am humbled, Lord. Thankful. Grateful. Tearfully joyful. You are great!

I pray for safe journey towards my home, the Philippines. To the arms of my beautiful and waiting wife, Beb.

Thank You for keeping us safe.

I lift up to You what it is that You have given me. Pangunahan Ninyo po ako. Make my footsteps firm. The world is so big. I am so small. But I have You! :)

"... why think like mere men!"

No comments:

Post a Comment