Monday

The Vote 2010 ver 2.0

If the first automated polls does not go according to schedule, it is not because of a technical issue. But one that's social. And I mean that in the greatest way possible :)

For the first time, Filipinos (for one - me) was uniquely excited in going out and voting. My vote this morning felt like my first vote in a national election in 1998. I did not matter if I was once again simply a dot in a mass of humanity. A dot that's taking in all the heat. Sweating. Smelling the perspiration of the common folks. I was out there. Excited to vote.

Things will not go according to plan because one can not plan for how excited one can be. I mean, almost all broadcast media played the story of how fragile this automated election is. As if, setting the mood of the Filipino electorate to stay home and not vote because the automated system will implode.

Bad :)

I hope the elections gets extended up to 9pm or until everybody, as in EVERYBODY, votes so that the next time Filipinos gets the difference between a result of 2,000 sample size and 50,000,000 strong voters :)

So that nobody, not even the most popular candidate can leverage on it. So that nobody, not even the most cash heavy candidate uses his cash just to bring his name on top of the surveys. I mean, save the money and truly launch a campaign :)

Let's all go and vote.

May His will be done.

"... why think like mere men?"

No comments:

Post a Comment