Sunday

the gifts named ondoy and pepeng

Please do not get me wrong. My heart breaks for the victims of these two storms. My heart is broken.

But the gift that these two storms gave us is the deepening of our souls.

I hope you have seen pictures posted in Facebook about the famous Malacanang son. About his actions at the height of the flood. About what he was busy with considering the plight of his constituents. No wonder Mommy had to go there to personally deliver the relief goods.

But this is not solely about that. That is simply a backstory. Not the story. Not the point.

I hope and pray that with this experience, we have a set of new eyes in looking at what truly ails our country.

And on that light, I hope and pray that we see that no matter how visible is the politician in giving aid or saving people - our country will never be out of poverty by giving aid to its citizens.

 What is necessary are actions to make aid obsolete.

Seriously, do we know anyone who got wealthy by living on aid?

Do not get me wrong. There are times where aid is necessary but to limit the quality and the type of leadership to aid-giving is very limited. Scary. Dangerous.

Lord, let the flood do its work on us.

"... why think like mere men?"

No comments:

Post a Comment