Monday

coron the beautiful

Anywhere with Beb is beautiful. Period.

And this trip is superbly beautiful. Makes you remember that He is indeed a very beautiful and magnificent God. A perfect 48 hours!

The trek, all 726 steps, to Mt. Tapyas is worth it as we went down and the golden sun was everywhere. All around us. I had to close my eyes to really digest it. To mark it in my head. To inscribe it in my heart. To put it at the center of my soul. As if it wasn't enough, He sent us a rainbow too just to see how we respond = )

Then off to Makinit as the "sleepy" town was engulfed by darkness. Night fell. The trike ride gave us a feel of what it means to live in Coron. Meaning, not as tourists but as citizens. Stories supplied by Lisa (0919-6042929) and Joan, our very friendly and engaging tourist guides, filled our way to Makinit and when we finally dipped out tired legs from all the 726 steps towards Mt Tapyas, the relaxing heat of the salty hot spring sipped through and we suddenly felt home. Relax. This place has this power to reacquaint you to the very version of yourself God intended you to be. I am my Father's son again.

I submerged my whole body and peace engulfed me.

The trip to Kayangan Lake is to die for and I actually had a sort of out of the body experience when I took all that beauty in and happily failed. I could not keep all in. I had to express it. My jaw dropped and I uttered, "... aaahhhh!" It's akin to holding the hand of the woman you love for the very first time. It's simply beautiful.

Then, we docked inside the rock formations and we went up. And as we reached the top of the hill and looked at where we came from, the view was another adjective synonymous to magnificent = )

Coron is beautiful!

The water, the corals, the fish, the food and the people. Beautiful!

How can a beautiful place not create beautiful people? Friendly people. Nice people?

Coron reminded me why we need beauty in our lives. Coron reminded me of the beauty inside all of us. A beauty that could never be touched by failure, hurt and sickness = )

Lord, You are magnificent!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful
    Magnificent
    Stunning
    Friendly
    Pleasant
    Helpful

    I am so running out of words to describe what Coron is to me.

    It was one of my best trips. I am glad, we did not cancel it.

    =)

    ReplyDelete