Tuesday

U23D

I have Jeremiah to thank for introducing me to the rock virtousity and lyrical genius of U2.

What did me in first was the melodic howling and longing of Bono's voice in With or Without You. Try listening to that around 2am, on earphones, and you'll have an experience, a moment.

After that, I was hooked. Went from Joshua Tree to their earlier album, Boy, and the love affair blossomed that is in How to Dismantle an Automic Bomb right now.

That's why to be in an IMAX theater and experience U2 in 3D is lovely jolt to this fan. I am smiling from ear to ear.

I hope the October concert really happens.

I hope all rock stars is like Bono. A man with a roguish grin and a heart that epitomizes, "... and you give yourself away."

U23D is a moment I went thru in every iota = )

1 comment:

  1. Finally!

    I was waiting for you to write something about the U23D experience.

    Anyway, while I am not a big fan like you, Jere and Mom - I still published such thoughts as well.

    http://katpurrs.blogspot.com/2008/04/beautiful-day.html

    ReplyDelete