Monday

Bugsy

I think I was nine when I first saw Mario Puzo's masterpiece - The Godfather. It must have been the slick looking Italians with their Armani suits that did me in. Now, a Godfather DVD collection sits on my video collection.


Because of Godfather I found out what Capo de tuti capi and Omerta meant. And then of course there's Bugsy Siegel.


I really think that without Bugsy and his grandiose idea of Las Vegas, Singapore as we know it now would not have made it.


I mean, what was Las Vegas before it became Las Vegas? A desert! What was Singpore before it became the 16th richest country in the world? A swamp land!


So, all is not lost for the former Pearl of the Orient and currently the recovering sick man of Asia - my beloved Philippines.

All is needed are the cajones of a gangster with a grandiose dream (Bugsy) and the tearful commitment of a statesman (Lee Kwan Yue).... there, how hard could that be? = )

No comments:

Post a Comment