Monday

38.5

I was sick this Saturday evening to Monday morning. For the first time, I missed my class because I was sick. It was sudden. Did not see it coming. I guess my new schedule this term is making its way thru my body.

It has been awhile since I have to wake up before 6am for a commitment at 7:30am - InfoSys class. The last time I had to go thru that forced waking up was almost five (5) years ago when I was still swimming as a corporate shark.

My body usually wakes up minutes before 7am and I'm on.

The whole episode only made me realize that I am vulnerable. My body was accustomed to a certain pace and when that pace was "changed", the body said, "Wait, Elisier. You don't want to wait. I'm shutting down = ) "

Thus, the 38.5 experience. An unpleasant experience. The last time I was down with fever was more than six years ago.

I guess, if I am to live strong I have to stay strong. Take care of the body. Take care of the relationships. Specially the vertical relationship with the Omnipotent One. Respect what's given us.

But here's the thing. Even in a dazed state - a thought for my beloved motherland found me.

If we try to do something we are not accustomed in doing, we get "sick". But the "sickness" is not a sign to stop but it is a sign that we are moving to a different level. Birth pains = )

No comments:

Post a Comment