Friday

on the current generation's responsibility

"If I don't do anything,
the next generation will
blame us..."

Father Loloy of Valencia, Bukidnon
On Illegal Logging
from The Green Tiger
The Costs of Ecological Decline
in the Philippines
by Barbara Goldoftas

this truth is not limited
on greed-induced logging

this truth transcends
when we do not embrace
what needs to get done

if we don't put into
the equation
our obligation to
the next generation

have we prepared them
for the battle that lies ahead?

more so, have we done
our responsibility?

to set what's right
to set what's wrong

Are we the lions of Judah?

1 comment:

  1. I am down and sick today - suddenly nature took the best of me and was forced to stay in my bed the whole day.

    With that in mind, thoughts of my generation's responsibilities nudged my head like there's no more tomorrow.

    I received a call from Luis' Nanay asking me if I could persuade his son to NOT pursue a career in the government - the boy, who is now 7, wants to be a soldier.

    Luis, as young as he is, pledged that he wants to be a soldier - protect this land and its native; to fight for what is right.

    I love the boy - and it kind of creeped me to hear him "pledged" the way he did.

    I hope things will be better - at least for Luis' generation and the next.

    ReplyDelete