Thursday

An afternoon with FVR

Last January 25, I got a treat.

I sat to hear two renowned people share their knowledge on making waste as a resource for environmental protection and sustainability. But it became a treat when Former President Fidel V. Ramos graced the occasion. The speakers after all are his 'scholars' at his professorial chair in the school where I teach, ABET-accredited Mapua.

This will be the third time I will be a close proximity listener to an FVR speech. The first one was in class during my graduate studies, the second one in a forum in a hotel and the third was last 25th.

Hearing him speaking on a subject that is very close to my heart now is like a sign or a pat on a back of sorts in a journey that I am on.

I still unconsciously stood up as he walked in. He will always be my President-template even if there is not enough legs to that EDSA jump :- )

He shared two sets of three things.

The first set is of "caring-sharing-daring" and the second is of "unity of purpose-solidarity of values-teamwork in nation building".

The one that resounded most to me was the "... daring" part.

"To work towards the impossible...", he said.

I was stunned.

My heart silently wept.

I knew.

That's why I write today.

That's why I read today.

That's why I study today.

That's why I present today.

That's why I share today.

That's why I pray everyday, every morning.

The work is too much. But it got lighter :- )

"... why think like mere men?"

No comments:

Post a Comment