Friday

Oh, September :)

I was born 25 September 1974. My wife, 17 September. We got married, 10 September 2010. And to some degree, my mind wander off to Christmas every time September arrives. Maybe it is because it is the first month that ends in "ber". September has a special pull in my heart.

This year, aside from celebrating our 1st year anniversary, a heavenly gift arrived.

You see, during the start of the year, I was asked to design and develop a learning session about Quality Management System, QMS. Being a seasoned TQM and Kaizen practitioner, this was up in my alley. So I went right to it with gusto and with an excitement only a little boy would know :)

I challenged myself to re-imagine QMS with the objective that it has to be presented in a way that will be fresh.

That journey led me to various body of knowledge that includes neurology and cognition. It also led me to the history of Japan as far back as Musashi Miyamoto :)

The QMS content is structurally done. It can be ran tomorrow if need be. But I still consider it a work in progress not because it was rushed to conclusion. Its just that I adhere to the thinking that one can never really arrive at things. One can only improve.

So, the QMS learning session is in its ver 1.0 state :)

But that's not the point why I am writing. The point is that that QMS learning session is yet to happen. For some strange and mysterious reason, the class was scheduled and duly advertised but it never had enough students to financially justify staging it.

So, it is what it is. I was a bit sad for awhile because I did spend serious time developing it and to see it still 'wrapped' is a downer so to speak.

But the days rolled on and the demands of life made the QMS debacle to be placed at the back burner until the Workshop on Material Flow Cost Accounting, ISO 14051, came and everything was 'right' again :)

This ISO 14051 workshop was to be held in Tokyo and in Osaka, Japan. To be facilitated by Japanese experts based from their decade long experience of implementing it in various manufacturing plants across industries in Japan.

And when I received, early September, that I was chosen to be one of the 18 'students' across Asia, everything came back and I understood why I need to brush up on my QMS literature earlier this year.

He wanted me to be prepared for something BIG :)

I was 'first in line' when the MFCA knowledge was being given to us. I ate a lot of it. I am full. Now, I need an expression for it and I can not stop thinking how to spread the word about ISO 14051.

I am humbled. I am thankful that He is getting bigger in my life as I am getting older.

Ano kaya ang ipapadala Niya sa amin next September? :)

"... why think like mere men?"

No comments:

Post a Comment