Tuesday

basketball entry

I love basketball. I played it on the cemented roads of Tundo when I was younger :- )

I had my share of "championship" moments that defined who I am as a man today but that is infinitely nothing to the world compared to what was at stake Monday morning (in the Philippines) - the 2011 NBA Title.

Though my love for the Mavericks roots from the fact that I really didn't like how Lebron handled his departure from Cleveland, Dirk was simply unstoppable during the fourth quarters of this Finals and the Dallas bench was phenomenal when Dirk was struggling.

As the pundits wrote it - Miami had the better talent but Dallas had the better team.

Aside from the James dislike, I wanted the Mavericks to win for Jason Kidd. I love the way he plays. His freelancing ways and his wanting to have everybody involved. A team player. And the fact that he had to reinvent himself during his 15th season, is something else. My hats off to him. This is the same sentiment why I rooted for Miami back in the 2006 Finals. At that time, it was for the fierce Alonzo Mourning.

Well, congratulations to the Dallas Mavericks for winning the 2011 NBA Title! Champions, at last! :-)

1 comment:

  1. I think, I was more than ecstatic that Mavs has beaten Heat. Lebron can kick a** alright, but come crucial time - he's nowhere to be found.

    Ha!

    ReplyDelete