Monday

live curious

As I was walking from SM-Makati to my cozy office along V.A. Rufino, I was taken by this awareness campaign by the venerable National Geographic in Greenbelt 3.

Live curious. Ask-holic. Funny :)

I enjoy watching National Geographic. And time passes by also as I tune in to History Channel and to Bio, too. I love those cable channels. I guess it is because of this habit that my limited window of the world has now become two limited windows :)

And as I walk away from the showcase, my mind started to wander to a National Geographic presentation of life forms surviving, living and thriving in extremes environment like that plant under the sea or that crustacean that lives near and on the small volcanoes. National Geographic has done a splendid job in showing the beauty and the resiliency of the species. And because of this magnificent job they did, we are fascinated by them.

I wonder.

How come they never do the same take on how the poor lives? That instead of focusing on sadness, on sorrow and on ugliness of poverty, they focus on the poor's resiliency?

I am not suggesting that we celebrate poverty. Or we treat human beings as crustaceans. No. Just tell a story about resiliency. Maybe if we see that presentation of National Geographic, we manage to see the poor not only as a statistic but a very resilient people with a face and with a dream.

Or maybe I am just hungry. Time to munch on that takeout sandwich :)

"... why think like mere men?"

No comments:

Post a Comment