Monday

Student once more, I am!

I am currently in a seminar/ workshop in UP - National Engineering Center. We are "talking" about a seemingly mundane topic called Research Preparation.

But boy, I am totally wrong about my initial read = )

This is truly a fine tune on my held belief and biased. (Thank you to School of Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management of Mapua for sending me over.)

And I am a better man and a learning facilitator for that.

Two ideas that stirred me most:

1. Stand in the shoulder of giants.
2. It is better to do a small contribution to a large problem rather than a large contribution to a small problem.

This is such an eye-opener for me!

I am truly blown away that I am actually in a fora like this in the Philippines. If someone has only told me about this, I will not believe it. I am truly and honestly surrounded by professional and career scientists, researchers and scholars!

The idea of Filipinos being a race inclined to science is starting to wake up on me. I mean, the rice terraces was done by pre-colonnial Filipinos after all!

I am humbled. I am excited.

And also, this place, literally and figuratively, reminds me of a younger version of me. A me that was in Acceleration Class way back in elementary. I am again in Grade 5 doing my Science experiments, talking about tadpoles, salamanders and the beauty of earthworms = )

No comments:

Post a Comment